Monday, September 14, 2009

contemplative.

This week at i heart faces the category is contemplative. So i was going through my photos trying to choose what picture to use. And I found this one...
This picture is of Matt and Ben choosing what to eat from the big smoking pile of Frogmore Stew in front of them. Frogmore Stew is an event that our church has every Labor Day. We cook shrimp, kielbasa, corn, and potatoes in big pots with a lot of Old Bay seasoning and then we dump it all on to the tables and EAT! I thought this photo was good because they are thinking about the food that want to grab and put in front of them before they pig out on it.

The other category this week is Pets. I found this photo for the Pets category...
This is a photo of a dog trying to get out of a pool. You may be wondering why the dog is in the pool in the first place. Well this weekend my dad, brother, and I took our dog to doggie swim day at our neighborhood pool. There were dogs everywhere swimming and having fun! Our dog on the other hand hated the water, especially when my dad forced her in. It was a great photo opportunity because there were dogs everywhere swimming. This dog was trying to get out and he was standing on his hind legs and trying to push himself out but he just couldn't do it. So his owner had to pull him out.

Hope you enjoyed these photos. If you want to see more awesome photos click on the button below...
I always love comments and constructive criticism. Thanks.
-Katey :)

5 comments:

  1. Great photos! Frogmore Stew sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I really love the pet one! Keep up the good work! I have loved photography since I was a kid but never kept up with it. Keep up with what you love...I learned that lesson a bit late. Keep snapping those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the angle of the shot! I am also "just attempting."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katey, I love your picture! We a shrimp boil just a week ago and it is very hard to decide what to eat....the sausage is my favorite. Thanks for visiting June Makes Six.

    ReplyDelete